The organizers of the inaugural Garnet & Gold 4 Miler are committed to producing a safe event for all participants, staff, volunteers and the entire Tallahassee community. The event's COVID-19 Safety Plan will feature a variety of protocols focused on enhanced hygiene, screening and education, touchpoint minimization and social distancing.
The Garnet & Gold 4 Miler is scheduled for Sunday, April 11 at Doak Campbell Stadium. The in-person event will have a limited capacity of 1,500 runners and walkers. A companion "virtual" event will be offered to those not yet ready or unavailable to participate in-person. If the 2021 Garnet & Gold 4 Miler is canceled due to COVID-19, all in-person participants will be transferred to the virtual experience.
All participants, staff and volunteers must:
• Wear non-surgical masks at all times at Packet Pick Up, Pre-Race, in Start Corrals and Post-Race (only mask exception is when participants are on course). A mask will be provided for those who do not have one.
• Maintain 6-feet social distancing at all times
• Wash and / or sanitize hands frequently
Packet Pick Up
Packet Pick Up will be held from Noon-6 p.m. on Friday, April 9 and Saturday, April 10 at the Garnet & Gold Store (Campus Location). Packet Pick Up will be held outside. All participants must wear masks and maintain social distancing. Staff and volunteers will also wear masks and maintain social distancing. Sanitation stations will be provided at Packet Pick Up tables.
Each participant shall be required to complete a declaration at Packet Pick Up that they are not currently infected with COVID-19 nor have been in contact with someone infected in the past 14 days. Participants with the following symptoms will be moved into the virtual event:
• Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
• Muscle Pain
• Sore throat
• Recent loss of taste or smell
• Fever of 100.4 or higher
Packet Pick Up & Gear Check
Packet Pick Up will be held from 6 a.m.-8 a.m.and Gear Check will be held from 6 a.m.-10 a.m. on Race Day on Langford Green. Packet Pick Up and Gear Check will be held outside. All participants must wear masks and maintain social distancing. Staff and volunteers will also wear masks and maintain social distancing. Sanitation stations will be provided at Packet Pick Up and Gear Check tables.
Limited Race Capacity
We are only allowing 1,500 participants in the in-person event. We have a limited number of VIRTUAL spaces as well.
In-Person vs Virtual
All In-Person participants have the opportunity to with their registration to virtual at any time. Virtual participants who wish to change to the in-person option must e-mail email@example.com and will be allow to switch to in-person if space permits.
All participants will be placed in corral based on Last Name. You will be assigned your Starting Corral at Packet Pick Up. Starting Corrals will be limited to 150 runners and walkers per corral and will be released every two minutes. The Starting Corral system is designed to limit the number of runners and walkers starting and finishing at the same time. Sanitation stations will be provided at the entrance to all Starting Corrals.
On-Course Water Stations
We will utilize contact free water stations along the course. Each station will have 8 ounce bottles of water for you to take. Bottle deposit containers will be placed 200 meters past each water station for you to deposit your bottles. Please be kind and deposit the water bottles in the containers along the course.
Masking and Physical Distancing
• All runners and walkers wear a mask to enter the corrals prior to the start.
• All runners and walkers must keep their mask on in the corral area until 30 seconds before your individual start
• Please carry your mask during the race.
• All runners and walker must wear a mask after you cross the finish line until you exit the Stadium.
• We will provide a mask to you if you lost your mask during the race.
• We reserve the right to refuse entry into the Stadium if you refuse to wear a mask.
• We reserve the right to NOT recognize your finish if you refuse to wear a mask.
• We will provide a safe, physically distanced plan at the start, on the course, and at the finish.
Runners and Walkers will be handed a bag after the event that includes a Finisher's Medal, bottle of water and refreshments. Participants will be allowed to remain on the field for 10 minutes after receiving their medal to take commemorative photos before being asked to leave the field.
We reserve the right to modify the race environment, based on COVID-19 conditions, that will allow us to safely run in-person. We will continually monitor and comply with Local, State and University Guidelines.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.